Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sticky toffee and date cake (Delia)

Getting the garden ready for a mild summer' day barbecue

After eight years, I still love our patio (inspired from a Geoff Hamilton garden book)


Oh deary me.  I seem to be very behind in my blogging.  Or I have cooked more than I intended to blog. 

Anyway, buoyed by the success of my recent rhubarb cheesecake, I decided to bake again.  One of my BFFs had made this for me a while back, and as I love sickly, sweet, sticky puddings, I thought I would bake this for the pudding at a Sunday bar-b-q.

I don't have the recipe in a book and ended up going on-line.

A cake made with condensed milk and dates - should be yummy.

and with sooo much butter!!!!!!

Now with the flour added.

Ready for baking....

Cake baked...


And wouldn't you know it... by the time I served this, I forgot to take a picture.

The cake was NOT as nice as my BFF's one. In fact I would not even describe mine as a sticky toffee and date cake.  My one tasted like a fruit cake.  Back to square one - I will learn to bake one day!

BTW it was nice warmed up in the microwave as it seemed to make the cake moister- but I still think I jinx making puddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment